A Liebster is an award given by one wonderful blogger to another up and coming blogger they deem wonderful in the hopes of getting all that wonderfulness out there into the world. I'm so adding "award winning blogger" to my resume (or CV as the pompous like to say).
Not My Mom's Blog is an example of this wonderfulness and and before I move on with my acceptance speech I would be remiss in not calling your attention to it and the writer(s). Kim Duran is an hilarious TV writer (Samantha Who? The Fresh Beat Band - yes, you can thank her for the "Go Bananas" song) who shares a blog with her four year old son, Jake. Some would say she's piggy backing on his insightful charm and David Sedaris-like-whit but what are kids for if not to give us a platform to promote ourselves?! Check out The Juicer, Part 2 and Phone Game.
Before I go on a six day self-aggrandizing bender, there are a few requirements that go along with this recognition - with great power comes great responsibility. It mostly has to do with making sure I pay back the blogger community that has been so wonderful and welcoming by recommending a few other people for a Liebster as well. It's a who's who of who you should be reading and it's a pleasure to do it.
So without further ado, here are a few, uh, provisos. Ah, a couple of quid pro quo for the Liebster:
Post 5 random facts about yourself.
Choose 5 deserving bloggers and tag them by putting their URLs in your post.
Tell them you’ve tagged them by commenting on their blogs.
Answer 5 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 5 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
No tag backs.
Now, there is an element of the sticker-book chain letter club my kid keeps getting drafted into here, but since this was so flattering and there are so many worthy blogs out there I'm happy to keep the love alive.
HERE ARE THE 5 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
HERE ARE THE 5 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I have been questioned by the FBI on numerous occasions. I have never been convicted.
2. I once accidentally kissed one of the heads of The William Morris Agency because I was 23, just gotten my first bonus, and didn't know where to put all that excitement. I continued to work there for an additional seven years so...
3. I have a stalker I picked up junior year of college (hmmm, maybe not so smart to have a public blog...)
4. My house is haunted. Seriously, it is. But I haven't seen the ghost since my daughter was born leading me to believe that she really is that loud.
5. I love waking up nose to nose with my miniature pincher.
HERE ARE 5 (MORE THAN) DESERVING BLOGGERS:
HERE ARE THE 5 QUESTIONS THE DESERVING BLOGGERS GET TO ANSWER IN THEIR BLOG POSTS:
1. Leno or Letterman?
2. What is the weirdest thing you've seen in person?
3. What has blogging changed in your life?
4. Where do you see yourself in 37 years?5. If you could have any sponsor on your sight who/what would it be and why?
HERE ARE THE 5 QUESTIONS FROM KIM AT NOT MY MOM'S BLOG:
1. What is your most disastrous parenting moment (so far)?
SO many to choose from but I guess I'll have to go with the time I forgot to pick her up from school. Just plum forgot she even existed and went about my day as though I was a 20-something footloose and fancy free lady with nary a care in the world. Aaah, that was a very relaxing day...
2. What’s your favorite HGTV show?
House Hunters and House Hunters International are the two greatest shows on television. Please don't ask me to chose between the two, that would be like Sophie's Choice - House Hunters International has an episode where they have a $4 million dollar budget and are in Paris and House Hunters has one where they shop for a new Mobile Home. How can one chose between the two I ask you?!
3. Starbucks or Coffee Bean?
Coffee Bean is by far the superior caffeinated drink chain (if you don't drink coffee and like your caffeine all creamy and sugary and milkshake-like)
4. Favorite snack for your kid that you secretly devour yourself?
Macaroni and Cheese. Not a snack for you? Well I eat it that quickly and efficiently, so it is for me. This commercial really spoke to me.
5. Funniest question your child has asked you?
"What does "Sexy"mean?" We no longer listen to Rhianna.